IT IS HERE!
Myself along with all of Omega leaves for Thailand in 2 days!
THIS IS CRAZY
This is what this year has been leading up to and now that it’s here I don’t know what to do with myself. It’s a very bittersweet feeling knowing that this year is coming to an end. On one hand I am excited to take what I have learned and apply it not only in Thailand but in every area of life and to continue with my education here at Summit; on the other hand, I don’t want to leave this wonderful, transformative year behind me.
So this is partly me procrastinating studying for finals, but also I feel like there is so much going on inside of my head that I just need to get at least SOME of it out there.
First I just want to say thank you to those who made this year possible.
Thank you to:
- Zach Wylie and Amber Price – without them this year would not be the same or even possible. Thanks for always listening, giving advice, and teaching me what it means it follow Jesus with everything you have.
- Daniel Smith and Robyn Kutney – thanks for always supporting, understanding, challenging, and believing in me. You both have shown me what it means to lead humbly and what it means to be strong in the face of challenge.
- Team B a.k.a THE SQUAD (Marissa, Josh, Nolan, Austen, Bethany, Alana, and Jesse) – thank you for your constant support and laughs. It has been an honour to serve alongside you this year. Thank you for your friendship. I am so excited to go on this adventure with you guys! SQUAD SQUAD.
- My friends (both those in Omega and not) – thank you for making this year so incredible. You all bring me such joy and I appreciate you all SO SO SO much! I am so thankful for all the adventures we have gone on and the memories we have made – from concerts, to star gazing, to shopping, to picnics, to photoshoots, and more!
- The students and staff at Summit – without you there is no way that my first year here would be as successful as it has been. Thank you for the kind words, smiles, and for making this school truly a place to call home.
- My friends and family back home – I did come home a lot so thank you for always accepting me in with open arms, including me, and making me feel like I had never left. LOVE YOU GUYSSSSS
- My parents – thank you for allowing this year to be a reality. Providing for me, supporting me, and loving me through it all. Love you!
So that leaves me with right now. Packing up and getting read to go. I would be totally lying if I said I wasn’t a little nervous, but as the days go by I am getting more and more excited!
For those of you who don’t know, my team will be travelling to Hat Yai in southern Thailand (a 15 hour bus ride from Bangkok). There we will be supporting missions partners and partnering with Imagine Thailand in teaching ESL and just building relationships with the university students in the area. I don’t totally know what to expect but I am so excited to see how God is going to use Omega as we serve alongside one another for his glory.
I’ve said it many times, but please continue to pray for myself and for the rest of Omega.
Things you can pray for as we go and serve:
- Strong Relationships
- For opportunity for myself as I am still searching for a Summer job and that God would direct me where he wants me.
One more exam left. Packing is almost done. Grad Ceremony on Friday. And then we are off Friday night!
On that note… if you are wanting to get in contact with me internet use will be slim to none. However, your best bet would be to email me at email@example.com <– one day I’ll get a new email I promise hahaha
Follow Omega on social media for daily updates and I will be sure to give an update of how the trip went for me personally when I get back.
Facebook – Omega Global Instagram – @omegachallenge and @weareBsquad
Thanks for all the love and support! I’ll talk to you in a few weeks!
“The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” Deuteronomy 31:8